As a Senior Electronics Engineer you will participate in the full electronics lifecycle, from system architecture design to system delivery. A key part of the role is designing bespoke electronics and interface boards for COTS items. You will be working on complex issues with minimal supervision. You will have a proactive working style with the ability to identify solutions and build effective working relationships across the business. You may be given responsibility for a discrete part of a project or be working on multiple projects simultaneously, managing priorities and deliverables.
- Participating in the full life cycle of electronics design from informing requirement capture to acceptance testing of PCB boards.
- Participating in design peer reviews.
- Integrating COTS components with bespoke electronics designed in-house.
- Creating and updating documentation for new and legacy products.
- Planning and estimating tasks for project planning requirements.
- Ensuring industry standards and best practice are incorporated into your work and promoted in the team.
- Ensuring that processes are followed in designs and reviews.
- Conducting research and producing evidence for proposed solutions.
- Working from requirements to identify solutions.
- Identify areas of inefficiency in current processes and suggest improvements to a wider technical and non-technical audience.
- Create roadmaps for your individual work and manage expectations of customers both inside and outside of your immediate team.
What we think you need to succeed:
- Relevant degree, such as Avionics or Electronic Engineering, or significant technical experience in aerospace avionics/electronic systems.
- Significant hands-on, industry experience in electronics design.
- Significant and proven experience designing and using communication interfaces such as SPI, I2C, UART, Ethernet, CANbus etc.
- Experience integrating COTS electronics i.e., by designing schematics and PCBs.
- Proven expertise identifying and troubleshooting technical problems and quality issues at component level.
- Ability to take initiative, work in a self-driven manner, and make clear and unambiguous decisions.
Bonus points will be awarded for:
- Experience using task tracking tools like Jira, Mantis, MS TFS, or Bugzilla.
- Experience with version control applications like Subversion, GIT or mercurial.
- Previous experience with Altium products.
- Proficiency with PLM software such as Keytech.
- Proficiency with ALM software such as Codebeamer.
- Software development in C/C++.
- Exposure to use scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Able to conduct low level, speculative research or follow structured development processes as required.
- Exposure to developing under standards like DO178, DO254, DO160, MISRA will be a plus.
- Working with UAVs.
- EMC testing.
Like the rest of the Animal Dynamics team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive salary in the region of £46,500 - £55,500 pa, dependent on experience
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme (5% matched)
- Career Development Framework to support your professional development
- EMI share options scheme
- Private Medical Insurance (Vitality)
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
Note to all applicants.
Due to the security classification of the work we do, we will undertake a routine Baseline Personnel Security Standard check on the successful applicant. This is a standard process which includes references and career history checks.
For full details of how we will use your personal data please see our Recruitment Privacy Statement available at www.animal-dynamics.com/rps